Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site, to provide you with information and advertising of interest to you, to communicate with you more effectively, to assist us in effectively managing any purchases you make from us and to effectively manage any account you have with us.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels; collected automatically when you subscribe to our email list, create a pet profile concerning your pet, or otherwise register with us [ADD OR SUBTRACT ANY OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES USED].
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify; shared with our processor/controller Good Boy Studios, Inc.; shared with various third-party processor marketing agencies and advertisers [ADD ANY OTHER VENDORS WITH WHOM YOU SHARE THIS INFORMATION].
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers [INSERT ANY OTHER PAYMENT TYPES ACCEPTED]), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify [ADD ANY OTHER VENDORS WITH WHOM YOU SHARE THIS INFORMATION. FOR EXAMPLE, SALES CHANNELS, PAYMENT GATEWAYS, SHIPPING AND FULFILLMENT APPS].
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: [MODIFICATIONS TO THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AS NEEDED]
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: [ADD ANY VENDORS USED TO PROVIDE CUSTOMER SUPPORT]
Email subscriber and profile information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: email address, various non-Personal Information voluntarily provided by you when subscribing to our opt-in email list or creating a profile for your pet. You may opt out of your email subscription and pet profile at any time.
- Purpose of collection: to provide you with information and advertising of interest to you, to communicate with you more effectively, to assist us in effectively managing any purchases you make from us, to effectively manage any account you have with us, and for general marketing and demographic analysis.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you subscribe to our email list, create a pet profile concerning your pet, or otherwise register with the site.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor/controller, Good Boy Studios, Inc.; shared with various third-party processor marketing agencies and advertisers.
[INSERT ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU COLLECT: OFFLINE DATA, PURCHASED MARKETING DATA/LISTS]
[INSERT FOLLOWING SECTION IF AGE RESTRICTION IS REQUIRED]
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of [INSERT AGE]. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- We may share various non-Personal Information with third party data processors for analytics purposes.
- We may share various non-Personal Information (pet profile information) that is voluntarily provided by you with our processor/controller, Good Boy Studios, Inc. that is then shared with various third-party data analysis processors.
- Our processor/controller, Good Boy Studios, Inc., may also associate various non-Personal Information (pet profile information) that is voluntarily provide by you with the web cookie received by your device when you voluntarily subscribe to our email list, create a pet profile concerning your pet, or otherwise register with the site, and share that information with third party processor agencies and advertisers to provide you with targeted advertisements on third party websites you may visit.
- [INSERT INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS]
[INCLUDE FOLLOWING SECTION IF USING REMARKETING OR TARGETED ADVERTISING]
As described above, we use your Personal Information (solely or in combination with non-Personal Information) to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- [INSERT IF APPLICABLE] We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We share various non-Personal Information (pet profile information) that is voluntary provided by you when subscribing to our email list, creating a pet profile, or otherwise registering with the Site with our processor/controller, Good Boy Studios, Inc., which may be associated with either the email address voluntarily provided by you and/or the web cookie received by your device, and then shared with various third-party processor marketing agencies and advertisers to provide you with target advertising on third-party websites you may visit.
- [INSERT OTHER ADVERTISING SERVICES USED]
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Deleting the pet profile you voluntarily created on our Site.
- Opting out of the email subscription you voluntarily signed up for by clicking the “opt out” button on any email received by you from us or otherwise deleting the pet profile you voluntarily created on our Site.
[INCLUDE OPT-OUT LINKS FROM WHICHEVER SERVICES BEING USED. COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide our services to you, which include: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers. We also use limited Personal Information to provide you with information and advertising that may of interest to you as described more fully above.
[INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SECTION IF YOUR STORE IS LOCATED IN OR IF YOU HAVE CUSTOMERS IN EUROPE]
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
[INCLUDE ALL THAT APPLY TO YOUR BUSINESS]
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below. When you voluntarily opt in and subscribe to our email list, or otherwise voluntarily register with the Site, we retain your Personal Information for our records and various third-party controllers and/or processors, including Good Boy Studios, Inc., as described above, unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information to your right of erasure, please see ‘Your rights’ section, below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We [DO/DO NOT] engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
[INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SECTION ONLY IF YOU SELL PERSONAL INFORMATION, AS DEFINED BY THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT]
Selling Personal Information
Our Site sells Personal Information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
- CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION SOLD;
- INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO OPT-OUT OF SALE;
- WHETHER YOUR BUSINESS SELLS INFORMATION OF MINORS (UNDER 16) AND WHETHER YOU OBTAIN AFFIRMATIVE AUTHORIZATION;
- IF YOU PROVIDE A FINANCIAL INCENTIVE TO NOT SELL INFORMATION, PROVIDE INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT THAT INCENTIVE IS.]
[INCLUDE FOLLOWING SECTION IF YOUR STORE IS LOCATED IN OR IF YOU HAVE CUSTOMERS IN EUROPE]
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below [OR INSERT ALTERNATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING ACCESS, ERASURE, CORRECTION, AND PORTABILITY REQUESTS].
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
Information voluntarily provided by you when opting in to our email list or otherwise registering with the Site, including any Personal Information associated therewith, will be processed in the United States and stored in the United States unless and until you ask us to erase this information.
[INCLUDE FOLLOWING SECTION IF YOUR BUSINESS IS SUBJECT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT]
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below [OR INSERT ALTERNATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING ACCESS, ERASURE, CORRECTION, AND PORTABILITY REQUESTS].
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
- _ab: Used in connection with access to admin.
- _secure_session_id: Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.
- cart: Used in connection with shopping cart.
- cart_sig: Used in connection with checkout.
- cart_ts: Used in connection with checkout.
- checkout_token: Used in connection with checkout.
- secret: Used in connection with checkout.
- secure_customer_sig: Used in connection with customer login.
- storefront_digest: Used in connection with customer login.
- _shopify_u: Used to facilitate updating customer account information.
Reporting and Analytics
- _tracking_consent: Tracking preferences.
- _landing_page: Track landing pages
- _orig_referrer: Track landing pages
- _s: Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_fs: Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_s: Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_sa_p: Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
- _shopify_sa_t: Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
- _shopify_y: Shopify analytics.
- _y: Shopify analytics.
- _petparade_shopify_token: Good Boy Studios analytics relating to marketing.
- _petparade_shopify_complete: Good Boy Studios analytics relating to marketing.
[INSERT OTHER COOKIES OR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES THAT YOU USE]
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email address] or by mail using the details provided below:
[INSERT YOUR BUSINESS ADDRESS]
For more information about our email subscription privacy practices, or if you have questions regarding our email subscription privacy practices, or if you would like to make a complaint regarding our email subscription privacy practices, please contact [YOUR STORE NAME]., by e-mail at [email address] or by mail using the details provided below:
[INSERT YOUR BUSINESS ADDRESS]
Last updated: [DATE]
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: [ADD CONTACT INFORMATION OR WEBSITE FOR THE DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY IN YOUR JURISDICTION. FOR EXAMPLE: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/]
We are The Cat Company
We love our cats, and we know you do too! Our goal is to make a one stop shop for cat people and their cats. With that goal in mind, we want to supply our furry friends and their owners with high quality products.
When you shop at The Cat Company you are also helping animals in need. A portion of all profits goes towards helping animal groups around the world. If you have a donation request, please email us the group you would like The Cat Company to give to.
We hope you find everything you are looking for while you shop. If there is something missing, please contact us!
We look forward to supplying all your cat needs!
Saber is our QC manager. He oversees the testing of various products to ensure they are up to standard. His favorites are cozy beds and cat towers.
Pancake is our executive assistant. She provides excellent administrative support. She loves to check on the printer and keep our keyboards warm.